Please see below, as we have made some changes to our tournament procedures to comply with the current COVID-19 regulations/guidelines.
We have put together some new rules that we will be implementing to keep our tournaments with Covid-19 guidelines.
Tournament sign up:
• We will make a separate post on our private club Facebook page each tournament week where you can “sign up”.
• Virtual payment is preferred. You can send money via our clubs PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org) . If you prefer Venmo, contact me, and you can send it to my Venmo, and then I can transfer it to the club. Tourney fees are $60 per team/boat.
• When you send payment thru PayPal, please use the “friends and family” option, that way the club doesn’t get charged a service fee.
• If you absolutely cannot pay virtually, then we may make an exception to accept cash. Tournament coupons can still be accepted.
• Please keep social distancing in mind, and do not congregate while prepping boats before launching. We do not want to see any small groups of people standing around together.
• When socializing with other anglers, you must wear a mask at all times and stay 6 feet apart.
• As much as I loved to help out in getting everyone in the water, I will not be able to help everyone launch this year.
• Please only help your tournament partners launch their boats and refrain from getting in & out of other anglers vehicles.
• Before the tourney starts, you will be assigned a boat number. Then boat numbers will be drawn to determine take off position. The last number drawn in order will be the starter boat, and will call out boat numbers at take off.
• We will be calling up teams to weigh in by boat number. If you are not ready when your number is called, then we will put you to the back of the line.
• Weigh in may take longer than normal this year, but we have to make sure we follow all social distancing guidelines to keep everyone safe, and happy.
• Only one member from each team will be permitted to come up to the scales, and you must wear a mask, or some sort of face covering. Your partner must remain at/near your boat.
• We ask that you practice the 6 foot rule while waiting to weigh in, and wait for the previous angler to completely vacate the weigh in table before approaching it.
• To help get things going a little faster with weigh ins , I will be getting off the water early, and my dad and I will try and have the weigh station completely set up by the time you come in.
• The goal is to start weigh in by 3:15pm. This may fluctuate depending on boat and launch traffic.
• You must be within eye shot of the launch and done fishing by 3 p.m. to avoid being penalized.
• We ask again that no one congregates while waiting to hear the results. Tourney committee members will come to you to tell you the results and handle payouts.
• We will try and have some sort of bulletin board set up to display weights as we go. So long as the weather permits of course.
There may be some things that we can change to make everything run smoother, and we can definitely adjust things as we go. If you have anything you think that we need to add or change, please message or call me and let me know. Hopefully by mid to late season, everything will be back to normal.
We can't wait to get things started next weekend at Chautauqua and we hope we get to see you all there.
Current members: The post for tournament sign up with be on the club private page by Monday.
Thank you all so much for your cooperation. Let's all stay safe and have another great fishing season!